Flash Fiction Competition 2019 - to be announced soon.
This year the theme is: XX
1. The competition is for a fictional short story of up to 500 words on the theme of XXX. Interpret this any way you wish.
2. Entries should be typed on A4, font size 12 in Arial, Times New Roman, Calibri or a similar easy-to-read font. Double spaced and page numbered with the title on each page.
3. All entries must be the original work of the Author and must not have been published before the date of submission.
4. The Author's name must not appear as a title or in the body of any page, other than the author information page.
5. Unfortunately we are unable to consider any entries received after the closing date.
6. Please keep a copy of your entry as manuscripts cannot be returned.
7. Entries will be judged anonymously. The judges’ view is final and we will not enter into any correspondence in connection with the award of the prize.
8. The Prizewinning Story will be published in the next edition of Pennine Ink magazine.
9. Entering the competition gives Pennine Ink the once-only permission to publish the story in the magazine. Copyright remains with the author.
10. Receipt of all email entries will be acknowledged.
11. Entrants must be aged over eighteen.
12. Closing date - 7th July 2019.. Shortlist - 7th September 2019. Winner announced - 14th September 2019
Email entries – Preferred method: You may submit up to two entries.
Entries by email should pay the appropriate fee using the button below before sending the entry quoting paypal receipt number to:-
On the subject line please put ‘your story title’. In the body of the email please include the following information:
a)Your full name b)Your postal address, including postcode. c)Your contact telephone number. d)Your paypal reference number.
Add your story as a file attachment (word document preferred). Please don’t forget this step.
Send the message to the following email address xxxxxxxxxxxxx
We will accept entries by post, although email is preferred. The entry should be accompanied by a separate single author information page containing your name, postal address, email address (if you have one), telephone number and a cheque for £3 payable to XXX and sent to: